How to Apply

Home / How to Apply

Step 1: Obtain a financial guarantee letter (F-1 Students only)

This letter must show proof of at least $6,700 USD or the equivalent in your country's currency to pay for tuition and fees upon arrival to the United States. This letter is required by the U.S. government to issue your visa documents.

If you are not an F-1 student, please begin at step #2.

Step 2: Submit the online application. 

You must be prepared to submit the following documents with your online application:

  • Financial guarantee letter
  • Dependent (child or spouse) information
  • Passport
  • Agent information

Step 3: Pay the $125 online application fee.

The application fee can be paid online with a credit card or via a bank transfer.

Start your application

Underage applicants 

Arizona law requires that all individuals under 18 years of age be given consent by a parent or legal guardian before they can receive any medical, surgical or psychiatric treatments. Arizona State University requires that a parental consent form be filled out and signed before enrolling anyone under 18 years of age.

If you are younger than 18-years-old and wish to be admitted to Global Launch, a required part of your application process is having your parent or legal guardian fill out, sign and submit a Parental Consent for Medical Care for Underage Students form.


If your primary purpose for entering the United States is to study, you must obtain an F-1 student visa. To get an F-1 visa, you need to apply to Global Launch and submit the required documents.

When you complete your application, Global Launch will mail you a "Certificate of Eligibility" form, also known as an I-20 form. You can use the I-20 form to apply for an F-1 student visa by following these steps:

  • Receive your SEVIS Form I-20 from Global Launch
  • Process SEVIS Form I-901 and pay your SEVIS fee (Click here for more info)
  • Apply for your DS-160 Online Non-immigrant visa application
  • Schedule a visa interview at the nearest U.S. consulate (Find a location)
  • Pay the visa application fee
  • Prepare for visa interview
  • Prepare documents for travel

You should contact the nearest U.S. embassy or consulate in your country for exact requirements.

If you enter the United States on a tourist visa, you may study part-time in Global Launch, but if you do so you will not be eligible to change from tourist to F-1 student status while remaining in the United States.

Transfer students are F-1 students who are already studying in the United States and would like to change schools. If you who wish to transfer to the Global Launch English program, please apply to the program, and then contact your student advisor at your current school.

Transfer Procedure

  • Tell your student advisor that you want to transfer to the Global Launch English program. You should tell your advisor BEFORE you finish your current program.
  • Submit your online application, application fee, passport copy and statement of financial guarantee.
  • Download and print the F-1 Status Verification form, sign it, and ask your current school's student advisor to complete it.
  • Send a copy, or have your advisor send a copy, of the completed F-1 Status Verification form to Global Launch.